Thursday, April 26, 2018

A Friend's Grief - Re-Posted

Oh hear me, Lord, I cry in grief.
I call out in Your name,
For I am broken, heart and mind;
Nothing will be the same.
 
You called home someone whom I loved
Far more than my own life,
And, while I know Your plan is wise,
That death cut like a knife.
 
It tore away the best of me,
I weep that I still live,
And I am not at all convinced
That life has more to give.
 
So I cry out to You, Oh Lord,
Through grief that I can’t bear,
My world is shattered, desolate
Beyond any repair.
 
You are the only hope I have,
Your mercy’s what I need.
Please hold me til the pain has passed,
Oh Lord, hear me, I plead.
 
Psalm 31:9
Be merciful to me, Lord, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and body with grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment