Tuesday, February 6, 2018

I Did Not See

 
I felt as if there was too much
That I have to fight through
And, in my own despair I thought,
“My Lord! Oh Where are You?”

I looked for You when things got rough
And did not see You there.
I felt as if You’d left me to
Be swallowed by despair.

I sat alone and wept in fear,
Not knowing how to start
Demanding that You come to me
And heal my fearful heart.

But, as I sought the words to say,
A thought occurred to me.
Perhaps You are there, still watching,
And I’m too blind to see.

I’ve let this world fill up my mind
And block You from my view.
You are not called to stay by me,
I’m called to stay by You!

If one of us has wandered off,
That fault is mine to claim.
Your Word is meant to be my guide,
And, on my lips, Your name.

I closed my eyes and called Your name,
Confessing my great sin,
And asking that my tear-filled eyes
Might find Your face again.

And when I opened up my eyes,
I still did not see You,
But, though my troubles lingered still,
I saw Your pathway through.

Hebrews 12:1-2
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment