Thursday, February 8, 2018

False Fears - Re-Posted

The golden light splits through the dark
And grows to bring the dawn.
A fringe of darkness still prevails
As night time lingers on.
Although the dark will soon give way
And I know day will grow
I still hold doubts, a few “what ifs”…
What if the night won’t go?
What if the sun is driven back
Beneath the mountain’s rim?
What if the light is lost in dark
That grows more deep and grim?

I know that such fears are not real,
Though they seem real to me,
But sometimes I get caught in fears 
Of things that cannot be.
The light is faithful to the path
That you have set it on.
Despite my fears, the light will grow,
The darkness will be gone.
Then someday I will learn to trust
That you have things in hand
And I won’t have to see the proof
To know and understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment