Thursday, January 11, 2018

The Edge of Night

The years are passing swiftly now,
Who knows what lies ahead.
And that’s what frightens me the most
When sleep avoids my bed.

I stand upon an endless edge
With no one by my side
And all the doubts I hold at bay
Will not remain denied.

Yet when I feel the most alone,
When fear taints what should be,
I hear the words You spoke before
To others much like me.

“Don’t be afraid, you’re not alone
And I will never leave,
So there is no reason to fear.
My child, trust and believe.”

I keep those words locked in my heart,
Safely hidden away,
And when the night seems far too long
I think on them and pray.

And as this day draws to its close,
With darkness just ahead,
I whisper, “I am not alone”,
And the night holds less dread.

Deuteronomy 31:8
The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”

No comments:

Post a Comment