Sunday, January 7, 2018

In His Light

The light brushed through the evergreen
And touched the quiet leaf
Casting that which seldom knew light
Into a bright relief.

The tree lives its life in the shade
Of the great evergreen
Where light is transient, at best,
And ofttimes is unseen.

But when the light breaks through at last
To touch it, leaf and stem,
It turns its face instinctively
Upward, in praise, to Him.

There are those days when I, too, live
Within my own dark place,
But dark and light are meaningless
Before Your living Grace

And I know that, if I look up,
Faithfully calling You,
That, even in the darkest place,
Your light will find me, too.

Psalm 139:12
even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment