Saturday, December 16, 2017

What I Saw That Night - Re-Posted

I watched the night, as usual,
For tempting, careless prey.
I swept the trees and nearby fields
For small things gone astray.

But, as I rode the silent breeze,
The heavens burst with light
From angels singing to the world
Of a child born that night.

The heavens rang with boundless joy.
I settled in a tree
And watched the shepherds in the field
Rise up that they might see.

I watched them, washed in holy light,
Rush from the frozen hill
And hurry down into the town,
Where all was hushed and still.

The angels sang into the night,
I listened and I heard
That heaven had come down to earth
And now I spread that word.

Luke 2:13-14
Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”

No comments:

Post a Comment