Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Wings of Faith - Re-posted

I wanted to rise up and sing,
But the night seemed so strong
That I was too afraid to fly
And could not find my song.
 
And so I prayed and huddled there
Beneath the pitch black sky,
Wondering if I’d sing again,
Much less have faith to fly.
 
I sat there praying in the dark
Hoping that I’d soon see
The morning sun rise on the ridge
To share its song with me.
 
And as I prayed I realized
My prayers became the song
That I had held within my heart
Through all the dark night long.
 
I felt my wings grow strong with faith,
And, much to my surprise,
Behind me, as I sought the sky,
The sun began to rise!
 
Malachi 4:2
But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its rays. And you will go out and frolic like well-fed calves.

No comments:

Post a Comment