Sunday, June 18, 2017

What He Left Behind - Re-posted


On Father’s Day my thoughts still turn
To one who’s lost to me,
At least, he isn’t there each day
To talk to or to see.
And it’s at times, much like today,
That we most inclined
To speak of all the things we miss,
Not those he left behind.
So let me mention all the things
That I don’t miss today
Because he left them here with us
That day he went away.
 
I see his smile on each grand child,
His strength lives in his son,
The wisdom that he shared, in love,
Still guides us everyone.
One sister has his focused mind
Another his kind heart,
While yet another lives the faith
He taught us from the start.
His brilliant mind, his gift of gab,
He left those with us all,
As well as the will to defend
The helpless when they call.
 
His face, his eyes, his loving smile,
His brilliant quirky mind,
The heart that loved all those he knew…
These things he left behind.
Although I miss him every day
I don’t have far to look
To see the pages that he wrote
That fill my family’s book.

No comments:

Post a Comment