Friday, December 2, 2016

When You Passed By - Reposted

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Just at the moment you passed by
A thought occurred to me,
Did you watch over me when I
Was lost and would not see?
Did you still hear my pleas at night
When I ignored your voice?
And could you feel the tears I cried
For every wretched choice?
 
I see you as you walk with me,
Never quite out of reach.
I hold my breath each time you speak
And learn from what you teach.
But for a while, when I was young,
I went my headstrong way
And often ran against the wind,
Blowing myself astray.
 
I look back now and wonder how
I didn’t see you then,
But I was not looking for you
In those days, way back when.
In looking back, I know that you
Were always passing near,
It just took me a little while
To see that you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment