Monday, December 19, 2016

The Rocky Climb





















I knew that I was on the path
That You’d laid out for me
And I was clearly underway
When it rose suddenly.

It wasn’t there, and then it was,
Obscuring my whole view
Of where I thought I was to go,
And I lost sight of You.

But I knew where I had to go,
Though it now blocked my way.
So I started to climb on up,
And with each breath I’d pray.

“Oh Lord, I thought that You’d be there
As I travelled this road.
I thought that You would make it smooth
And maybe lift my load.

But here I struggle to comply,
To climb a sheer rock face.
How could You have brought me to this?”
I wept and called for Grace.

I cursed and cried, but carried on.
What else was I to do
If I was to stay on the path
That would lead me to You?

At length I came to rest a top
This obstacle so great,
And bowed my head in humble shame
At what I learned so late.

God had not placed impediments
Across my path at all.
Instead He led me straight into
A fortress strong and tall.

I had not scaled an obstacle,
As I now understand.
I had, instead, climbed from the world
Into my Savior’s hand.

Psalm 62:6

Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.

This photo was gifted to us by DP, from his latest trip to Korea. WOW! What a ROCK and what a climb!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment