Sunday, November 20, 2016

Surviving and Thriving - Reposted


I watch her sleep, hear her small cries.
I’m grateful she is here.
She is my comfort when I stress,
My joy filled dose of cheer.
It may not seem like much to you,
But she’s the world to me.
And when she hurts, like she does now,
It breaks my heart to see.
 
But I have faith that she and I
Will come through this just fine.
I’ll take care of her, heal her pains
And she’ll take care of mine.

Two years ago, on the 21st, we got word that my sweet Grace had cancer. It has been two years of crazy times, but she is more than surviving, she's thriving! I was scared when I got the diagnosis, but her medical team at Olympia Veterinary Cancer Clinic has been wonderful. We have it all under control and my sweet Grace is still here, loving me through all the ups and downs of this crazy life. As Thanksgiving approaches, I am grateful for the grace that brought us together and has kept us living and loving through it all!

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about you and Grace and rejoicing with you! ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete