Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Broken Enough - December 2011




















There are so many things to say,
The thoughts pour through my mind,
And yet the words that shape those thoughts
Are those I cannot find.

It’s hard to comprehend the gift
You gave a broken world.
You filled the night with brilliant light
And angel wings unfurled,
Yet sent the word first to the meek
Who by their fires were curled.

It’s as if it was in your plan
To touch the shattered soul
And render it, through fullest grace,
Into a perfect whole.

So on the eve of your birthday
I watch the darkened night.
I long to hear the angels sing
And see the gleaming light,
For I am broken enough, Lord,
To see that wondrous sight.

Luke 2: 10-11
10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment