Saturday, August 1, 2015

Child of Faith


Oh lord please give me half her faith
To leap and know You’re there,
For she follows You joyfully
Where I still would not dare.
 
It is not youth that makes her brave,
But knowledge, sure and true,
That, whatever life sends her way,
She can rely on You.
 
She lives life as a miracle,
For she trusts in Your Grace.
I don’t know that I’d trust that much,
If I were in her place.
 
I thought that years would make me wise,
But that seems not the truth,
For I am not as wise, though old,
As she, despite her youth.
 
So, Lord, I ask You to give me
Just half the faith she knows,
That I might follow joyfully,
Until my own faith grows.
 
Matthew 19:14
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

This is a photo of my niece, whose faith is powerful and has left me in awe more than once.  I'm grateful to her mother for catching this fearless leap and sending it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment