Friday, July 31, 2015

The Drought


The drought has lingered on so long,
And, though I’ve prayed for rain,
There seems to be no end in sight
To my grief and its pain.
 
I keep on praying in the faith
That someday it will end,
For God is faithful to His word.
On that I can depend.

I watch the far horizons for
The first signs of the rain,
Yet every day the distant sky
Is clear and without stain.
 
But I will not give up the faith,
There’s dampness in the air,
And when God deems the time is right,
There’ll be rain everywhere.
 
1 Kings18 43-44
“Go and look toward the sea,” he told his servant. And he went up and looked.
“There is nothing there,” he said.
Seven times Elijah said, “Go back.”
The seventh time the servant reported, “A cloud as small as a man’s hand is rising from the sea.”

No comments:

Post a Comment