Saturday, April 25, 2015

In Times of Troubles


Why is it that we must have times
When our whole life goes wrong?
Those times when blow on crashing blow
Can break even the strong?
 
Why would a God who loves us so
Walk us through living hell?
Why do we have to face rough seas
Instead of one big swell?
 
There has to be some reason why,
Though I may never know,
But this much I can attest to
Those hard times let faith grow.
 
Those are the times when I call out
And seek God in my fear,
When I reach out to Him alone,
Begging Him to stay near.
 
When I am tossed upon some storm,
I know that I’ll be lost
If I don’t have Him as the shore
Upon which I am tossed.
 
There may be reasons far greater
Than any I can see,
But when I’m most in need of Him
Is when He’s nearest me.
 
So, though I dread the rising storms,
I don’t face them with fear,
Because I know in every storm
I’ll call and find Him near.
 
Acts 17:27
God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.

This photo is blessing from NF. Thank you, N, for an incredible shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment