Friday, October 11, 2013

The Gecko in the Pool


 
I saw him floating in the pool
Well in over his head
I thought for sure he’d met his fate,
That he was clearly dead.
But my aunt said, “He’s still alive!
Help me to get him out.”
He fought against her, not knowing
Just what she was about.
                                                                       
But when she set him on the grass
And he’d fled, safe and free,
I saw a similarity
Between the guy and me.
 
For often I’m in way too deep,
I’m certain I will drown,
But God knows that I’m still alive
And won’t let me go down.
He lifts me up to set me free,
I fight him tooth and nail,
Until I’m safely in his hand
And His will can prevail.
 
He won’t let me destroy myself,
Such is His care for me,
And His sight reaches far beyond,
The limits I can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment