Saturday, October 19, 2013

Easier Said Than Done


They speak of a burden lifted,
But that isn’t how it went.
For you were a precious blessing,
Undoubtedly heaven sent.
 
You smiled at me every morning,
And, though my name slipped your mind,
You made sure I knew you loved me
By any means you could find.
 
And, when I tucked you in at night,
You’d always say I love you,
Until God took your words away
And a squeeze would have to do.
 
Then came the day you didn’t wake,
You left while I was asleep.
I guess God must have called your name,
But I didn’t hear a peep.
 
And now I face an empty world,
A little broken-hearted.
They say my burden’s lifted now,
To me, your smile’s departed.

So now the good-byes have been said,
Your things are all packed away.
I have to start my life anew
Without your sweet smile each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment