Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Things That Didn't Go Wrong



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The day could have spiraled into dismay
And I would have gone right down too.
But I remembered to step back and pray
And I turned it over to you.
I felt so rattled, I wanted to cry,
I had to kick wrath off my heel.
He wouldn’t let go, but I had to try
So in my heart I bent to kneel.
I told you that I was falling too fast,
That I didn’t think I could rise,
But, because I called upon you at last,
Your joy lit my darkening skies!

You lifted my heart; you stilled my tossed mind;
You reminded me that you care,
Your love is both strong and endlessly kind
And, when called, you’ll always be there!

Psalm 94:18-19  
When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your unfailing love, LORD, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment