Monday, August 20, 2012

A Different Path
















I set out along a familiar path
That would have led me to the sea,
But somewhere I wound up being sidetracked,
Ending, not where I thought I’d be.
I still ended up down by the shoreline,
Not far from my intended goal.
A place where I’d ultimately have stood,
But not as I’d planned, on the whole.

Sometimes God takes us down different paths
Than those that we might have outlined.
Even if we’re headed where he directs,
He might have something else in mind.
I’ve learned that I shouldn’t be so startled
When he changes plans that I’ve made,
For I don’t really care which route I take
If I’m walking the path he’s laid.

Proverbs 19:21
Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.

No comments:

Post a Comment