Monday, February 21, 2011

Psalm 23: 2-3
















My thoughts are all a tangle, Lord,
There’s much I need to do;
So many things I should have said,
So much to still get through.

I keep believing there are truths
Tangled in these weeds,
Yet all I seem to find here are
Old dreams and wasted deeds.

And as I struggle with my thoughts
The weeds more thickly grow.
I’m scared that I’ll get lost in here,
I won’t know where to go.

Oh, call to me that I may know
Which way will lead me out,
For I am lost in tangled thoughts
And mired in my doubt.

I know that sunlight waits for me,
And fertile gardens grow,
Somewhere outside these tangled thoughts,
Where quiet waters flow.

Psalm 23: 2-3
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
He refreshes my soul.  He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment