Monday, February 28, 2011

1 Peter 4:12 -13














The fire that burns us to our soul
Can set our hearts ablaze,
For fire can break a lost spirit
Or force it on pathways
That lead it to a rendezvous
With more important days.

The pain that breaks your heart today
Might heal another’s woe,
If you allow the lessons learned
To help your spirit grow
And follow faithfully the path
Where God would have you go.

No, God does not offer you pain
Just to make you wise,
But wisdom may come, none-the-less,
And touch our weeping eyes
With compassion for another
Whose pain we recognize.

So, Lord I face the flames ahead
With my heart open wide
And pray that all the pain to come
Will touch me where I hide,
Then turn me where you need me most
To follow, and to guide.

1 Peter 4:12 - 13
Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment