Sunday, February 19, 2023

Be Gone!


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I see a darkness in the world
Which seeks complete control
Of all that You have given us,
Of body, mind and soul.
 
I hear it calling us to sin,
To walk far from Your Word.
It whispers that living Your law
Is patently absurd.
 
It promises that what we want
Is what we ought to seek,
And any evil we conceive
Is what we ought to speak.
 
It claims the law You’ve given us
Should conform to this world
And we should not fear Your rebuke
For blasphemes we’ve hurled.
 
I see a darkness in this world,
That’s been here far too long,
And many who profess Your name,
Still heed its siren song.
 
Oh Lord, my faith’s in You alone,
Where it will always be.
Please help keep my eyes on You,
As You watch over me.
 
Matthew 4:10-11
Then Jesus said to him, “Be gone, Satan! For it is written, “‘You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.’” Then the devil left him, and behold, angels came and were ministering to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment