Friday, November 29, 2019

Grace I Didn't See


 
I felt the world falling apart
And slipping out of place.
I didn’t know what else to do,
So I called out for Grace.

I saw an eagle flying by.
What a delight to see,
But I was focused on my fears
Of what might come to be.

So I set out to face the worst,
And there, to my delight,
Another eagle passed me by
Head and tail gleaming bright.

I turned back to my worries, though,
To try and put things right,
Until another bald eagle
Came flying into sight.

Then, suddenly, I understood
What He was telling me,
But it took three clear messages
Before my eyes could see.

Sometimes we don’t notice the grace,
Because we’re lost to fright,
‘Til it becomes so obvious
That we can see the light!

God kept telling me He was there,
That I was not alone,
But it took me a while to hear.
My heart seemed made of stone.

So now I find my spirit’s calm,
Though nothing else has changed.
But I have faith God’s in control
Of all that life’s arranged.

And I will trust that, come what may,
There’s grace that I can’t see
Until God opens up my eyes
To what He’s planned for me.

Psalm 136:1 
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever. 

This amazing photo of the Big Dipper lost in the Aurora Borealis is a gift from HRF and ATF, and I am so grateful for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment