Sunday, December 23, 2018

Precious Now - Re-Posted

Even among the twisted roots
Of a long fallen tree,
There is a lacework loveliness
That’s obvious to me.
 
It's a beauty that most won't see,
Thought it’s clear as can be,
And it's that twisted loveliness
That God must see in me.
 
For I was fallen, dead and lost,
Twisted from root to bough,
But despite all my brokenness

He saw beauty somehow.

And He transformed this twisted soul,
As no one else could do,
Into a lacework of His Grace.
In Him, I'm born anew.
 
He brought great beauty out in me,
Though I still don’t know how,
But this old twisted, broken tree
Is something precious now.
 
Isaiah 61:4
They will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated; they will renew the ruined cities that have been devastated for generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment