Saturday, November 3, 2018

Missing My Heart


I miss you now, with all my heart,
But you are free of pain,
And when I get to heaven’s door
I’ll see you once again.

We had six years of ups and downs,
But you were always there
To nudge me into holding on,
Not give in to despair,

And now I face the days to come
Without you by my side.
Each time I’ve stopped to think of it,
I’ve broken down and cried.

I know that you would not approve
My weeping, tear stained face,
But my heart is broken in two.
I simply miss you, Grace.

I know that I must carry on,
And I need to believe
That happiness will come again.
Right now, I need to grieve.

There is no place in all this world
Where I can see your face,
But I will never forget you,
You’ll always be my Grace.

My heart has gone to heaven tonight. Having beaten cancer once, it returned and it has taken her from me. To most of the world, she was just a dog. To those who knew her, she was a loving, generous, patient angel. To me, she was my heart. I know that I will heal in time, but, until then, my world is filled with ashes and tears.

1 comment:

  1. Your words are so heart felt. I totally understand your pain having gone through the very same thing this year with my Alikat.

    ReplyDelete