Monday, April 10, 2017

Restless Longing - Re-posted

I have a restless soul, my lord,
I long for something more;
A better life, a sweeter love,
To walk a different shore.
I cannot seem to find the peace
I know you hold in store,
Because I’m busy missing all
That my heart’s longing for.

You know the longings of my heart
Much better than I do.
I’ve seen you answer prayers that I
Had thought could not come true.
Yet many simple human dreams
I’ve had to bid adieu,
And so my restless heart cries out,
In anguish, Lord, to you.

Please show me how to ease this heart
That beats so selfishly
And lead me to the peace, oh Lord,
That’s mine abundantly.
This longing heart, this restless soul
Bring empty pain to me.
I long to long less, to find peace,
And learn to simply be….

Psalm 38:9
All my longings lie open before you, Lord; my sighing is not hidden from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment