Friday, April 28, 2017

My Empty Nest - Re-posted


Flowers bedeck the empty nest
Where nothing else now lives.
One cannot help but noticing
The empty feel it gives.
 
The hollow place within the heart
Where love once dwelt in bliss
Can sometimes feel like that old nest,
Filled with those we still miss.
 
It doesn’t matter that the blooms
Make the old nest look bright.
One can’t escape the obvious,
That something is not right.
 
And so it is with empty hearts,
We smile and carry on,
But all the while we feel the pain
Of those that are now gone.
 
It’s said the sparrow does not drop
Out of sight of Your eye,
And I feel sure You also see
The tears that I still cry.
 
Oh Lord, I know these tears will dry
And that I will find rest,
But for this time please keep Your eye
On my heart’s empty nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment