Sunday, May 22, 2016

Around the Bend


I don’t know what’s around the bend.
Sometimes that frightens me,
But then I hear Your loving voice
Speaking comfortingly.
 
You tell me that the road may run
Through valleys grim and cold
And, though I might be terrified,
You’ll help me to be bold.
 
You tell me that the mountain’s peak
Will be mine to traverse,
But You will help me to be strong
When bad turns into worse.
 
You tell me that not every bend
Will bring me tears and pain,
But both will lie along the path
Every now and again.
 
I hear Your voice promising me
There will be great joy, too.
A joy that passes all I’ve known,
A joy that’s born in You.
 
I’m still a little nervous, Lord,
Of what lies round that bend,
But I will walk out with the faith
That You are my trail’s end.

No comments:

Post a Comment