Saturday, April 5, 2014

Stay In The Light


I try to live within the Light
Though others think it odd.
That I’d choose to live narrowly
Within the lines of God.
 
It’s easy to be drawn into
A life just in the shade,
Not so far in to be full dark,
But enough to have strayed.
 
I see so many cross that line,
I know that I have too,
But always I’m drawn back into
The Light that’s born in You.
 
How sweet the thought of that bad choice
That’s outside of the Light,
But, just because I want a thing,
Does not make that want right.
 
So I’ll try to stay in the Light,
Though others walk away,
And pray for strength to resist that
Which might lead me astray.
 
Genesis 3: 4-5 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

No comments:

Post a Comment