Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day Observed 2013


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When all the rifles fall silent,
The flag is folded tight;
When tears are all that’s left to hold
Behind the eyes squeezed tight;
That’s when the warrior will march
Into the endless night,
Knowing full well those left behind
Will carry on his fight.

Rest well beneath the close mown grass,
Your service here is done,
For God has called your name on high,
Your victory is won.
But there will always be a place,
Beneath the burnished sun,
To mark the sacrifice you made
When all is said and done.

Psalm 144:1-2
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; 2 he is my steadfast love and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield and he in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me.

No comments:

Post a Comment