Friday, April 5, 2013

Fighting Old Battles Again


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I wrestled with my fears last night,
Where I’d go, what I’d do.
I thought I had that fight well won;
I’d given it to you.
 
And yet, as I lay in my bed,
Within the grasp of night,
Those fears came flooding back again.
Once more I had to fight.
 
I grasped each fear hard by the throat
And bade each one be still.
For I may never have a plan,
But my God always will.
 
I will face what might come next
When that time is at hand,
But right now I have work to do;
Obeying God’s command.
 
And, when the time comes to move on,
I’ll have a place, I know.
For God will lay the path for me
And show me where to go.
 
I cast each fear behind me to
The dark from whence it came,
Then wrapped myself in peace and joy
I’d claimed in Jesus’ name.
 
2 Corinthians 4:7
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.

No comments:

Post a Comment