Monday, January 14, 2013

The Valley of the Shadow















I struggle so from day to day,
It seems that I can’t win.
I think I’m making progress, then
I tumble back again.

I pick myself up every day
And start back up the ridge,
Longing to find an easy way,
Those obstacles to bridge.

But there is not an easy way
To face what lies ahead,
So when I tumble back again
I turn to you instead.

I know you won’t make smooth the way,
For struggle shapes the soul,
But if I’m struggling at your side
I know I’ll get there whole.

Although I’m battered by travail,
I’ll still stick close to you;
The valley may be just as dark,
But your love leads me through.

Psalm 23: 4
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

No comments:

Post a Comment