Friday, January 25, 2013

Rejoicing and Grateful





















The greatest gifts you give to me
Would be the simple things.
Though I might wish for wealth some days,
And everything it brings,
I know that I am happier
With what I have today.
So let me thank you for those gifts
In my own quirky way…

The sun that rose up through the mist
And shone out clear and bright;
The clouds that haloed a full moon
In gold and orange light;

The loved ones who are near to me
And those too far away;
The food I eat, the clothes I wear,
The love I find each day;

The chance to serve those in my life
And some folk I don’t know;
The opportunity to watch
The kids that I love grow;

The birds that fill my sea and sky,
Even the raucous gulls;
Lord, thank you for the rain, the breeze
The wave that softly lulls.

Oh Lord, your gifts are bountiful,
Though I might think I’m poor,
In fact, I’m blessed with such great wealth
I could not ask for more.

Philippians 4:4-5
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.

No comments:

Post a Comment