Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Eagle in the Mist


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A mist had filled the silent bay,
Morning was hushed and still,
As if the new day held its breath
Outside my window sill.
 
I leaned my cheek against the pane
Trying to catch a view
Of anything that wasn’t gray,
Within that pallid hue.
 
Just as I moved to turn away
There, at the edge of sight,
I caught a glimpse of something quick
That flashed like pale sunlight
 
An eagle had swept up the bay
And turned into the mist
His dark body melting to gray
Like he did not exist.
 
The ashen mist consumed his form
Within seconds of flight,
But, bright against the dismal world,
His tail shone fiercely white.
 
My heart leapt up within my breast,
As if to follow him,
It sailed across the misty dawn;
Hope spilling past its brim.
 
And even now, I see it still,
The flash of his white tail,
As he wings, fearless, through the mist. 
My heart follows his trail.

Exodus 19:4
You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment