Friday, October 12, 2012

Bread Alone


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I pray each morning for blessings,
For things I think I need.
I pray that you would assist me
In each effort and deed.
 
I pray that you would set me up
With hearth and clothes and bread.
I pray that you would heal my ills
And give me health instead.
 
I pray that you would give, give, give,
The list is long indeed,
When right there at my finger tips
Is what I truly need.
 
You know the things my body needs,
But what’s so clearly true,
The thing my spirit really needs
Is more time spent with you.
 
More time spent studying your word,
With diligence and care
And much more time spent listening
To what you have to share.
 
So give me, Lord, my daily bread
And help me, through your word,
To feed the hunger in my soul
That my faith may be stirred.
 
Matthew 4:4
Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’

No comments:

Post a Comment