Saturday, April 7, 2012

Waiting, Back By The Sea

You called to me down by the sea,
Where I fished near the shore.
You bade me to come follow you,
You said you’d teach me more.

You spoke of life not formed in strife,
Of blessings we would know.
You said that love springs from above,
We must assure its flow.

And then they came, you took the blame
For all the sins I bore,
And now I stand, by sin’s demand,
Alone on my old shore.

But there’s a part of my sad heart,
That holds the words you said,
Though you must die, I should not cry,
For you will not be dead.

So I will wait, though it grows late
And darkness streaks the sea.
With dawn’s bright roof, You’ll live as proof
That death has set us free.


Mark 8:31
He then began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and after three days rise again.

No comments:

Post a Comment