Monday, September 20, 2010

Psalm 23: 4

I cannot see the way ahead.
It lies just out of sight
Around the curving of the road
Where darkness eats the light

I’m not sure that I want to walk
The road that lies ahead
But all is tangled wood and brush
If I step off instead.

I could just sit beside the path
Refuse to move along
It’s harder, if you just sit down,
To make a turn that’s wrong

If I could see beyond the bend
I’d face it without fear
But I can only see the part
That lies before me here

I know that you can see the road
That lies ahead of me
I know that I should trust the way
And follow faithfully
But I am weak and full of dread
I fear what I can’t see
So I will walk around that bend
If you’ll just walk with me.


Psalm 23:
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
  I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
  your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

No comments:

Post a Comment