Monday, September 21, 2026

Blessed Indeed


 










The day was off to a slow start,
I missed a step or two.
Until I stepped outside the door
And got that gift from You.
 
The sun rising behind the trees
That I would not have seen
Had I’d been out the door sooner,
As I planned to have been.
 
Then, down the street, the second gift
Flitted across my sight,
A pileated woodpecker
Flew by in the soft light.
 
I’ve not seen one for many years.
In the blink of an eye,
He flew by me and settled on
A pole as I passed by.
 
The timing was perfect, of course,
That’s how I know it’s true,
That both were gifts of love and joy
Sent just for me, from You!
 
Thank You for so many blessings, Lord!
 
Romans 8:28
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
 
Jeremiah 17:7
“Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment