Sunday, October 1, 2023

May We Come To See


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh Lord, I’m growing wearier
Of this world’s rage and grief,
But I can only see one path
Through which we’ll find relief.

I know that struggle, pain and loss
Are all a part of life,
But, it is to my great dismay,
That they come with such strife.

I know that You still rule this earth,
I have no doubt that’s true.
I pray that more hearts come to see
The path to peace is You.

I pray that more souls come to see
Wealth and celebrity
Won’t fill an empty life with joy,
Or set their spirit free.

I pray that more minds come to see
The truth that I have learned.
Mercy and grace are theirs to claim,
But they cannot be earned.

I pray, Lord, that this world, once more,
Will know what it once knew.
That heart and soul and mind will see
What we most need is You.

Matthew 22:37
And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment