Sunday, June 2, 2019

Sounding Ungrateful - Re-Posted

I suffer from abundance, Lord,
I have more than I need.
That sometimes leads me to drop down
And, by Your grace, to plead
 
For intercession from the stress
Of handling it all.
Oh Lord, I bet You shake Your head,
Each time You hear me call.
 
You put a roof over my head
And I have food to eat,
So what if they both come with bills
That I struggle to meet.
 
I have a job that I enjoy,
While many are without,
But I could use les work some days,
Of that, there is no doubt.
 
I have people who care for me,
I’ve never been alone,
Though there are times I’ve found that proves
My patience hasn’t grown.   
 
And so I call out to You, Lord,
Embarrassed that I do,
From an abundance of the Grace
I hope You’ll see me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment