Friday, April 5, 2019

Wrestling With My Fears - Re-Posted

I wrestled with my fears last night,
Where I’d go, what I’d do.
I thought I had that fight well won;
I’d given it to you.
 
And yet, as I lay in my bed,
Within the grasp of night,
Those fears came flooding back again.
Once more I had to fight.
 
I grasped each fear hard by the throat
And bade each one be still.
For I may never have a plan,
But my God always will.
 
I will face what might come next
When that time is at hand,
But right now I have work to do;
Obeying God’s command.
 
And, when the time comes I must act ,
I’ll have a plan, I know.
For God will lay the path for me
And show me where to go.
 
I'll cast each fear behind me to
The dark from whence it came,
Then wrap myself in peace and joy
Claimed in my Savior's name.
 
2 Corinthians 4:7
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.

No comments:

Post a Comment