Sunday, March 17, 2019

You Are Always Near


I cried out to You in my fear,
But You did not reply.
I thought that You’d be there for me,
When You heard my heart’s cry.

I called again and once again,
As loudly as I could,
But still You didn’t answer me.
I thought You never would.

But when I gave up in despair,
Left with no other choice,
I found the stillness everywhere
Was filled up with Your voice.

I hadn’t heard You telling me
You loved me and were there,
Because I’d been too busy, Lord,
Wailing in my despair.

I felt Your love wash over me
And peace filled up my heart,
But I had to start listening
Before healing could start.

Oh Lord, You always hear my cries,
Despite all doubt and fear.
You never fail to answer me,
For You are always near.

2 Samuel 22:7
“In my distress I called to the Lord; I called out to my God. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came to his ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment