Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Warts and Grace - Re-Posted

I can be a bit distracted
And often grumpy, too.
I forget to think of others
Like I know I should do.
I get wrapped up in all my fears
Instead of trusting You,
And I’ve started many projects
That I’ll never see through.

I’ll never climb to reach the stars,
I’m too afraid I’ll fall…
I cannot carry simple tunes,
In fact I caterwaul,
I wouldn’t dare to dream big dreams,
I only dream real small.
But none of that seems to matter,
You love me, warts and all.

I wish that I could be a prince,
But frog is all I do.
Still, I am grateful that my frog
Is prince enough for You!

Psalm 103:10-11
He does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities.
For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him

No comments:

Post a Comment