Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Who Do I See? - Re-Posted

I’m not the introspective type,
But even I can see
That none of us is wise enough
To know all that might be.
 
I’ve gazed in wonder at the face
That’s looking back at me
Only to find myself confused
By who I think I see.
 
Am I the wild child of my past
Or who I am right now?
For one led me to the other,
Though I don’t quite know how.
 
Am I the one who loses faith,
Or she who holds onto
The promise of redemptive love
That I know comes from You?
 
Who will I see if I look close,
Will I recognize me?
Is it enough to simply trust
You know who I will be?
 
Ecclesiastes 9:1
So I reflected on all this and concluded that the righteous and the wise and what they do are in God’s hands, but no one knows whether love or hate awaits them.

No comments:

Post a Comment