Wednesday, September 9, 2015

The Chat


I spoke about you today, Lord,
While chatting with a friend.
It seemed as if her patience thread
Was frazzled at the end.
 
She spoke of all the day to day
Frustrations that she felt,
All the concerns and worries that
Her long, hard day had dealt.
 
She spoke of sorrow that had sparked
The many tears she’d cried
When she recalled the loved one who,
Two years ago, had died.
 
I felt so burden by the pain,
The worries and the woe
That I wanted to hug her then
Turn like the wind and go.
 
But I knew that she needed me
To offer her some hope
And try to help her find a way
To live with life and cope.
 
I also knew I couldn’t leave
Her standing in my wake,
Because that woman standing there
Was me, for pity’s sake.

And so I spoke about Your love,
The Grace I know can heal.
I spoke about the many ways
You’d let me know You’re real.
 
I told her how You’ve eased my pain,
In troubled times I’ve known
And how You watered into joy
The seeds of hope I’d sown.
 
Then, as I spoke, I remembered
The peace that You can be
And I feel so much better since
I had that chat with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment