Sunday, June 21, 2015

Doubts and Shame


They’re always there, watching each move,
Measuring thought and deed,
Then whispering to me of things
That are not what I need.
 
That sense of doubt, of worthlessness,
There’s envy’s in there, too,
And none of them act for my good  
In what they put me through.
 
They tell me I’m not good enough
For all You’ve given me,
And I have heard them mentioning
The faults in me they see.
 
I know they try to remind me
Of every slight and slur
Until I see them with outrage
Instead of how they were.
 
They tell me I might just as well
Give up all hope right now,
For nothing that I’m working for
Will happen anyhow.
 
Those nagging little negatives
That always pester me
Can be more influential than
I ought to let them be.
 
But I’m learning to ignore them,
And not heed what they say,
For Your voice is the only one
I trust to show the way.

This delightful photo was a blessing from DR, taken on her trip to the zoo with her sweet kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment