Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Castaway


I found myself cast upon rock,
Washed there by the deluge.
And, though I thought that all was lost,
I found, instead, refuge.
 
There are those times in every life
When we pause to take stock,
And that was what I faced when I
Was cast upon the rock.
 
With all the storms that harried me
It seemed to no avail
That I should try to carry on
In the face of that gale.
 
But with my feet upon the rock,
Its shelter at my back,
I found the place that I could stand
And withstand each attack.
 
So I will build my fortress here,
Where God’s my shield and lock,
And bless the grace that raised the storm
That cast me on The Rock.
 
Psalm 18:2
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

No comments:

Post a Comment