Monday, December 22, 2014

Facing Hard Times


Oh Lord you must have something great
That’s on its way to me,
Because the devil’s at my back
And I’m scared as can be.
 
They say that those for whom You’ve planned
Something that’s really great
Will often find the Devil’s there
Trying to twist their fate.
 
Well he is breathing down my neck,
Whispering in my ear
That I can’t handle what I face
With confidence and cheer.
 
I’m tempted to listen to him,
As tears form in my eyes,
But that temptation will not work
Because I know he lies.
 
Please help me to remember, Lord
That You’re in charge, not him
And I can call upon Your Grace
Though things seem mighty grim.
 
Acts 14:22
strengthening the disciples and encouraging them to remain true to the faith. “We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God,” they said.

No comments:

Post a Comment