Saturday, July 26, 2014

The Difference in a Moment


I was the next one in the line,
I’d been there for a while,
Yet when I stepped up I was told
“I’m closed now,” with a smile.
The person just before me paid,
But I was turned away.
What a difference moments make
In the course of our day.
                          
But, as I waited once again,
In yet another line,
I realized that I had learned a lesson
Clear and fine.
For life is short, the moments pass,
Then we must say good bye,
However well we have behaved,
However hard we try.
 
Be sure you give each moment time
To show you its full grace,
Before you’re left with many lost
That you cannot replace.
Don’t take for granted that moments
Will constantly be there,
But recognize time passes fast,
And there is none to spare.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:

No comments:

Post a Comment