Friday, September 27, 2013

What is Next, Lord


I’ve prayed for wisdom with each dawn,
Though I am still unwise,
For I don’t know what I should do
At each day’s new sunrise.
 
All my past labors now are done,
That task is quite complete,
And yet it’s with a sense of loss
That my heart is replete.
 
I don’t know where I go from here,
What does success now mean?
For, though I’ve finished what You asked,
My new task is unseen.
 
So with each dawn I pray to You
To help me find my way.
Lead me to understand what’s next,
What I should do today.
 
Or is it simply that, for now,
My task is nothing new.
Instead You want me to be still
And turn my face to You.
 
Should I not worry, for right now,
About the works of man,
And seek, instead, to find You, Lord,
In every way I can.
 
For only when I’m seeking You
Will I find what I need,
And that, Lord, is wisdom enough
To ease my mind, in deed,
 
Matthew 6:33
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment